~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday, October 17, 2011

Postcards, Mail and Paper Dolls.


We had a wonderfully tropical stormy weekend so I sat in my little sunroom and wondered what I could do with paper dolls. I love them!! Had them as a kid, Barbie of course. On a school trip to Sydney years ago I came across one of those arcades full of odd shops and one was selling vintage books, etc. Inside there was a whole display of vintage paper dolls. Well they left Barbie for dead!!! The one of Hollywood's Golden Era greats were the most amazing. Ava Gardner and Vivien Leigh from Gone with the Wind where among my favourites. So I Googled once again and found many different types that were published within magazines. I put them all together and made a scruffy little box to store them in. French label on the box because there are so many of them on the net!!


Here are some mail that I promised a little while back. The postcards you cut out and just fold in half. The envelopes have been left with a lot of space around to allow you to cut the back part that you fold over. Before I cut them all out I give them a dirty wash with raw umber paint to add the age effect. The print sealed first or it all runs! The photo of the 'rocket' envelope below is how to cut them out. I use a glue stick, love them. Pinched from my eldest desk. :0)






I'm off now to make another scruffy box for my mail. I have more lovely french labels and another storm is on it's way!

4 comments:

  1. Fun! Thanks for sharing, Carrie! Your results look fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muchas gracias, te han quedado genial.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those little paper dolls in their box!!!!? Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the lovely mail :)

    ReplyDelete